Armadale Baptist Church is a contemporary church with a long history.
Originally planted in 1889 from Ashburton Baptist, it was financed by Westmore G Stephens of the Fletchers enterprise. The church has featured strong teaching from the likes of FW Boreham, and a many different forms of engagement in the local community, from Boys Brigade and a sewing ministry that produced clothes for children in poverty, to the Melbourne Bible Institute and Yooralla.
In more recent times, we have gathered together a multi-generational group of people from all over Victoria. Some people gather with us electronically, some in person. Each person in the congregation is being equipped to be agents of God's change in their neighbourhood, whether it is Armadale, Moorolbark or Echuca.
Our building on 88 Kooyong Road is an expression of us serving the local community. As well as being a centre for worship, it has been developed to house the Community Arts Hub, a platform for community groups to collaborate with the church and each other to build community in Armadale. We also host a Community Garden on site, which was established in partnership with Stonnington Council.
Everyone an Agent of God's Change
Armadale Baptist Church exists to reveal and promote that which is Godly in the lives of individuals, the congregation of faith and the communities in which we inhabit. We are disciples of Jesus, living the ways of Christ, inviting individuals and communities to live in these ways.